Monday, December 30, 2013

Nothing Hidden


I wrote this journal entry on July 13, 2009 at 2:20pm under the title, "The Things I Want No One to Know". A bit of personal revelation. Thought I'd retitle and reshare...


Luke 8:16-17 — “No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. 17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

It's a piece of scripture I have heard since I was a child. I sang "This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine...". Funny thing is that I just now truly understand what this verse is about. I've heard and read this scripture all my life and thought I understood it. But, a light bulb (sorry for the pun) came on in my mind and I realize that I understood only the way our enemy wanted me to understand it.


I always thought this scripture was about the good news (the light) of Christ (which it is). But, I also thought the part about "all that is secret..." to mean MY secrets, my inmost secret sins, the things I want no one to know. Well, maybe it is about that but maybe it also means more. Keep reading.


Even the enemy uses God's word to accuse and cause us to live in fear and shame. Here is the difference: God does not accuse. Satan does. So how could I think God would accuse me with His own word? Simple...He wouldn't.


But our enemy lies to us in very subtle ways. He makes the truth – which is the line separating "black from white" or "right from wrong", and makes it blurry. So it's sort of gray and not clear. When things are unclear we become unsure and then doubt and accusation creep in.


Here is what I see now....
"For all that is secret"... not MY secrets but...the secret of heaven, the secret of eternal life, the secret power of Jesus' resurrection is made known. Heaven will open and all of it's secrets (which are light) will enlighten us, will wash everything, will bathe everything in perfect light so we can see, believer and unbeliever alike. The gates of the kingdom of God will be spread apart shedding it's whitest-white light on all that is unknown. At the same time the gates of hell will be destroyed forever. Nothing can be concealed; everything revealed. Everything will be compelled to proclaim the truth of who Christ is...king of all heaven and earth. Everything will shout, "Jesus you are who you claim to be! You are faithful!"
If we believe this, how can keep it to ourselves?

Catchy little tune isn't it? "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."

No comments:

Post a Comment