Monday, September 17, 2012

Three Sisters...Meet Lena


LENA
This is Lena. She is one of  three sisters living at the children's home in Simferopol, Ukraine. Lera (13), Lena (11), and Sasha(8) are some of the sweetest, most beautiful kids I've ever met. I've known these girls since 2009.

This summer, Lena opened up to me especially, as well as her 12-3-1 mentors more than any previous trip. She never said much to me. She just walked up extended her arms up. I'd pick her up and her arms would go around my neck. I would lift her up and squeeze her tight as her skinny legs dangled and swayed back and forth.

These kids I see season after season are amazing. They're my friends. The life they live isn't fair. They deserve better. I know what awaits them when they leave the orphanage system at 17:  helplessness, hopelessness, loneliness, despair resulting in substance and alcohol abuse, probable prostitution, petty crime, victimization, prejudice, even violence and possible suicide.

LERA
In December, Christy Blazer and I are hoping to return to Simferopol to continue our work building relationships between our team's 12-3-1 Mentors and these three girls and many like them .

 Please help us get there. We need $3400 each. 50% by Oct 1 and another 50% by November 1.

Visit our TeamSim funding website today. Enter Christy's name or my name in the field and click "Search".


SASHA
You can also mail your tax-deductible check donation to:

YouthReach International
1911 Grayson Hwy, Suite 8-344, Grayson, GA 30017
(Please add a note with the name of the person you wish to sponsor.)

I believe there are those who are called to "GO" and those who are called to "SEND". Christy and I will go we're asking you to send.

Make a FOREVER difference in the life of an at-risk orphaned child TODAY!

Peace and grace
Joel



No comments:

Post a Comment