Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Message from Linda


Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27
After six years of putting Joel on an airplane and sending him overseas to work with orphans, God put it on my heart to join him this December.
I take this leap of faith because of what I don't have control over.  I don't know where all the funding will come from.  I don't know what kind of reception I will get from the children.  I don't know how I will handle all the traveling. I have to leave what I do in God's hand, and I don't know how God will use me.
What I do know is he "adopted" me as his own which means I was a spiritual orphan.  We've been studying on Sunday mornings to "be the church" which is the Body of Christ, so, I am going as his hands and feet to do
his will.
I'm asking for prayers that all will be done for His glory.
I have travel costs of $2700 and mentor costs of $900 totaling $3600. We will be working and sharing the hope of Christ with 50 or so orphans in Simferopol, Crimea, Ukraine.  We will host a holiday party and provide them with a gift (see “Support a Child at camp” below). 
Funding Deadlines: $1800 (50%) due Sept 30 / remaining $1800 (100%) due Oct 31.
Donate Online (Secure): TeamSim Funding Website
Click:
- Current Teams (on the left)
- Team Funding Pages
- Sponsor a Team Member
- Enter a team member name in the fields
Support a child at camp: Make this check payable to Donelson Church of Christ. Attach a note stating Ukraine Winter Camp Child Sponsorship. Individuals, families, classes or study groups can support each of our 50 children at winter camp for just$20/child. Your donation will cover art/craft supplies as well as a Christmas gift bag for each child. Mail checks to: Linda Butts, 2221 June Drive, Nashville, TN  37214.
Blessings and many thanks.

Linda

For He chose us . . . he predestined us to be adopted as his sons . . . Ephesians 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment