Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How God Multiplies What We Bring

Shared this on FB already last week but it's cool to watch God work...So, I'm trying to help a friend. The other day, I come into a small bill of a certain denomination. I'm thinking it'll come in handy. This morning in church I'm looking at said small bill as the contribution plate is coming around. Thinking my friend could really use it but and at the same time feeling compelled to drop it in the plate. The latter won out and I thought, "Well, I'll have to come up with that much more. Before leaving church to come home couple of friends hand me the sum total of half of what my friend needs; more than 4x what I dropped in the plate. Then checking my messages upon arriving home, this was my verse-of-the-day: Psalm 112:5 NIV. Not to brag on my generosity, I'm just knocked out how God multiplies such a small amount. He can do much with so little. He doesn't ask us to bring much....just bring what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment